Sunday, October 30, 2011

Confidence Booster

Took off on an absolutely gorgeous fall day in Michigan for a lap of Barry Roubaix.  Realized I didn't have time so I opted for a lap of Yankee Springs instead.  YS is where I started out with mountain biking on an "offical" course about a decade ago.  I have logs of this course going back at least five years, so its always been my yardstick.
This bike is geared at 42x18, so it is setup for Iceman, Barry Roubaix, and Ft Custer, but way too high for YS.  I kitted up in rabobank gear with my new pearl izumi leg warmers (love them, didn't slip down or give me any trouble all day).  I Started out with taking it somewhat easy, nice and smooth was the goal. That progressed into a full on rager once I realized how fast I was going with all these go faster parts I borrowed from Dremel.  I have a Ritchey WCS carbon handlebar, ZTR355 front wheel, Thomson stem turned 10° down to offset the fork being an inch higher.  Also trying out a Schwalbe Racing Ralph on the rear, which is awesome, btw.
The course is as rooty and rocky as ever, covered with wet leaves this time of year, but I did a good job handling that with a rigid fork.
My handling skills are on point right now.  My fitness is on point.  Iceman is one week away.
I Ended up with 56:12.  My best Time Ever.  Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment